“a place of limitless collection of nature.”
Steps To Develop Tourism
- 1.You have several options to choose from when it comes to developing a business in tourism:
- Transportation services. This sector involves transporting tourists to, from and around the tourist destination.
- Travel agencies. Travel agencies are the 1 stop shop for everything involved with visiting a place, including transportation, accommodations and attractions.
- These include hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, hostels, rental houses, condos and any other place tourists may stay while travelling.
- Guided tours and tour guides. A guided tour service or professional tour guide is a tourism business that specializes in providing informative and entertaining tours through an area’s local attractions.
- A hospitality business pertains to any food or beverage establishment that tourists may frequent.
- Take your geographical location into account.Your local tourist attractions are good indicators of what would and would not make a successful tourism business venture. For example, if your area is secluded from the populace and dense with wineries, then guided winery tours, local bed and breakfasts, and airport transportation services are all viable business options.
Size up the competition. Thoroughly research the tourism businesses in your area before you decide which business in tourism is right for you. You will want to choose a tourism sector that is not overly congested, and one that you can contribute something unique to.
Write a business plan. Your business plan is the blueprint for your tourism business, and should include the following sections:
- Executive summary. Describe your business’s purpose, name, location, personnel needs, tourism business management staff, market sector, competition, marketing plan and financial projections.
- Tourism business summary. This should detail how the business’s ownership will be distributed and the start up requirements (funding, assets and location).
- Products and/or services. You need to outline the products and/or services your business will be providing for tourists.
- Analysis of the market. Provide information about your target market and your competition.
- Tourism business strategy. Describe how you plan on running your business, marketing your business and pricing your product or service.
- Financial summary. State your projections for your business’s expenses and income.
Procure the necessary funds. Present your business plan to potential lenders and/or business partners in order to obtain the start up and operating capital you will need to run your business in tourism
6Select a business location.
7 Obtain all applicable business licenses. Get the necessary business licensing through your local government’s business regulatory agency!
Market your tourism business.
- Use social networking sites. Set up accounts/pages on free social networking sites.
- Create a website for your tourism business. Be sure to hire a specialist for search engine optimization (SEO) in order to maximize your site’s online presence.
- List your business on all applicable online directories and review websites.
- Advertise in print mediums. Take out ad space in newspapers, magazines and trade/lifestyle publications.
1.St. Mary’s Island
The land where Vasco De Gama set his first foot, the land whose geological importance is immense and whose beauty is spectacular, is St. Mary’s Island, Karnataka. A quaint island just off the coast of Karnataka, St. Mary’s Island is an island of white sand beaches, rock monoliths and great wildlife making it a mesmerizing place to be in. The island is off the popular tourist trail providing you with a peaceful place to be with your friends and family.
Located just 4 miles off the coast of Karnataka in the Arabian Sea, St. Mary’s Island is a geological treasure and hosts some of the most beautiful beaches in the country. It is a group of four individual islands namely Coconut Island, North Island, South Island and Daryabahadurgarh Island. One can find a shoreline made up full of crystalline rocks which were created at the time Madagascar Island got separated from India. The enchanting site is wonderful but is yet to be truly discovered for its tourism potential. Watching the sunset standing on the crystalline rocks is one of the most alluring experiences on the island.
2.Kaup Beach, Udupi
A must visit beach in the area, this might just be one of the most beautiful destinations of the town. Also find here a lighthouse, twinkling at a height of 100 ft.
Situated in one of the most famous pilgrimage sites of South India, the Krishna Temple or the Udupi Sri Krishna Matha is quite a huge name associated with the worship of Lord Krishna. The fascinating idol of the Lord is adorned with jewels and a golden chariot. The unique thing about the temple is that the worshipping is done only through a window with nine holes called the Navagraha Kitiki.
The temple bears a resemblance to a living ashram, fostering daily life and devotion. It is also the birthplace of Daasa Sahitya, a Udupi form of literature. Every two years, the administration and temple offerings are managed cyclically between the eight mathas. They are collectively known as Ashta Mathagalu. Because mother Yashoda wanted to see him take the form of a child, his idol is seen the same form.
Every year, it attracts thousands of devotees, and daily prayers begin with the blowing of a conch shell at 4:00 AM. Several festivals like Ramanavami, Deepavali, Krishnashtami, Hanuman Jayanti, Saptotsava or the Seven Utsavas (celebrated in the month of January) and the Paryaya festival (once in every two years).
Well known for the Manipal university, this town is home to multiple educational institutions founded by Dr T M A Pai. It is located in the Malabar coast region with the Arabian Sea at a touching distance of 8km. Apart from the Manipal University campus, this place also houses the international headquarters of Syndicate bank and a regional IT hub.
Manipal was a sleepy coastal town that was not very famous before 1950. It was once a part of the Shivalli village panchayat. However, all that changed when the town was selected by Dr Tonse Madhava Anantha Pai as the location to set up an institution for imparting medical education.
With the establishment of India’s first private medical college, Kasturba Medical College, in Manipal in the year 1953 this sleepy town started getting attention and within a few years, it became one of the most well-known places in Karnataka.
Malpe Beach, Udupi
On the top of the list of exquisite unexplored beaches in India is the Malpe beach, a beach that is synonymous with serenity and adventure. Located at a distance of 66 kilometres from Mangalore and 6 kilometres from Udupi in Karnataka; this scenic beach is as trendy amongst locals as it is among foreigners. The enchanting beach offers a delightful retreat from the day-to-day humdrum life with its fascinating natural views. The Malpe beach is one that is enthralled by nature’s beauty. The ambience of the place is relaxing and rejuvenating. The clean white sand and pleasant weather make the Malpe Beach an ideal spot to indulge in a variety of water sports.
The never ending seashore of this hidden gemstone of Karnataka has four rocky islands. The northern-most island is the Daria-Bahadurgad, the middle one is the Daria-Gadara-Kallu, while the southernmost island is the Kari-Illada-Kallu. The fourth rocky island, St. Mary?s Island, is the most famous and frequently visited one. This out of the ordinary beach is situated at the mouth of the Udyavara River, which is a small river that flows around this beach and is commonly referred to as the Malpe River by the general masses.
The palm trees that line up the shore of the Malpe Beach and the bright blue sky above add to the charm of this place. Nature lovers flock to this place every year to enjoy the views, to lie down on the beach and relax, and to set their adrenaline pumping with the exciting sports on offer. The place is indeed a lovely amalgamation of all things unique- adventure sports and silent, peaceful walks, and 24/7 Wi-Fi and an unparalleled serene environment. The picturesque locations and pleasant weather make this place a perfect holiday spot to spend some memorable moments with near and dear ones.
City Shopping, Udupi
Although Udupi is relatively a smaller town, it has quite a few interesting listings on its shopping manual. It is widely known for its world-famous Udupi cuisine, so one is bound to find most shops selling a plethora of culinary items starting from snacks, juice extracts, spices and oils used in authentic Udupi cooking. Aluminium pans to make Guliyappa and Aruvamane used to scrape coconuts find a special mention among cooking vessels sold here.
Udupi is also reputed to be a storehouse of traditional clothing and textiles. Kanjeevaram, Dharmavaram and Banaras silk sarees can be found at reasonable rates. Other traditional and modern garments and various types of jewellery are particularly famous among female shoppers.
One can also find wooden handicraft items like agarbatti stands, idols of deities, altars, etc. Fans of Ayurveda and massage therapy will be satisfied with the wide range of oils found here. Wheat halwa, banana halwa, banana chips and mango pickles are most sought-after local delicacies.