STUDY IN THE UK
Why Study in the UK
Hosting over 442,000 international students, the UK is the world’s second leading study destination (after the US), largely thanks to the strong global reputation of UK universities. An impressive 76 UK universities feature in the QS World University Rankings 2019 (again, only the US has more), and four institutions are currently ranked within the global top 10.
Despite uncertainties following the nation’s referendum on EU membership in June 2016, UK universities are united in their efforts to continuing welcoming students from across the EU and the entire world. Indeed, the country is home to many of the world’s most internationally diverse campuses and communities – and this, for many, is a large part of the appeal of studying in the UK.
Education System in the UK
Bachelors degree in UK are usually of 3-4 years. Many Undergrdaute programs in UK have an option of ‘Placement year’ in their third year of college where they work a full year before the completion of their degree.
There are 2 types of post graduate courses in UK, one is taught courses and the other is Research degrees. In the former one lasts for a year and the students are assigned with a tutor. Assessments are done on the basis of exam, dissertation or a project. Research projects on the other hand are more tedious and require the students to be more responsible and diligent. They have to base their study around a substantial research project and usually they are very time consuming. One of the most preferred courses is the PHD degree and it takes about 4 years to complete.
Admissions to the Top UK universities are based on certain exams. All undergraduates’ applications are made through UCAS (Universities and College Admission Service). The universities and colleges Admission Service runs UKPASS (UK Post graduate application and Statistical Service). A student can apply to 5 different Universities in the same application form. One can apply only one application in an academic year. Unlike the under graduate applications, the process varies when it comes to UG Courses in UK. The ones seeking to Study in UK from India can apply to numerous universities. While some universities have an application fees there are some where the fees is not mandatory.
TUITION FEES AND LIVING EXPENSES
Cost of Studying
The average cost of study in UK for undergraduate student is 12,000 pounds
- Foundation courses – 4,000-12,000 pounds
- Arts courses – 7,500- 10,000 pounds
- Science courses -7,500-22,000 pounds
- Clinical courses 15,000-30,000 pounds
Living Expenses: GBP £
- London: £9,180 per annum (minimum)
- Rest of UK: £7,380 per annum (minimum)
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The main intake offered by all Universities in UK is September/October few universities offer Jan/Feb intake as well.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5 for Postgraduate and 6.0 for Undergraduate Studies.
- TOEFL minimum score of 90 (Internet Based Test) for Postgraduate and 80 (Internet Based Test) for Undergraduate Studies.
- Exemption is possible if student has scored above 70% in English language in the X and XII std.(English Medium) & if medium of instruction throughout school & college was English.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
- 65% and above for humanities in XIIth.
- 70 – 80% and above for Science, Commerce, Engg in Std. XII / Diploma.
- 2nd class could also be considered by some Universities if there is some additional qualification / experience.
- Foundations and Pathway programs are available for students who have secured below 60%
- 60 % and above in 1st degree is required by most of the Universities for Masters and Research courses.
Some universities may even accept student at 55% and above in the 1st degree
- GMAT scores ranging between 600-700 by many Universities for Management Programs if required. Full time work experience of at least 2-4 years after 1st degree required by many Universities for Management Programs (MBA). The same may vary from University to University Most MBA accredited universities require a minimum of 3 years above work experience and an age criteria of 25 years plus as a minimum age requirement.
JOBS AND POST STUDY WORK VISA
- Students can work upto 20 hours a week while studying and full time during the holidays. After completion of the course, there is a range of stay on options:
- The Tier 2 work permit system replaces the old UK Work Permit system. Tier 2 work permits are applied for by employees who are coming to the UK to fill a vacant position that cannot be filled by a British citizen and who have confirmed sponsorship from a licensed UK employer.
- Those with an offer of a graduate level job paying a graduate salary of 20,800 pounds can take up sponsored employment through TIER 2 VISA.’
- Top companies that hire internationals students are EY, KPMG, Deloitte, JP Morgan, Grant Thornton, Accenture, PWC, HSBC.
If you choose the UK you can enjoy the life-changing benefits of international study, knowing that you are getting great value for money. If you need extra help, there are many financial support options out there, including scholarships, grants, bursaries, fellowships, financial awards and loans. There are hundreds of scholarships, bursaries and grant schemes on offer for students who need extra support to pay for their UK course. Depending on your nationality, you may be eligible for a loan or financial support from the UK government.
- Chevening Award: Postgraduate scholarships from the UK government aimed at students with potential as future leaders
- Erasmus Programme: Undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral research funding
- Euraxess UK: Research placements in the UK
- Royal Society grants: Postdoctoral science research
Some University applications do not have any application fees but some Top Universities like Kings College London, University of Manchester, University of Nottingham, London School of Economics, Oxford University etc., might have an application fees of 50-100 pounds.
Nowadays, a lot of Universities in UK are offering courses called as ‘1+1’ which means the first year is the study and next full year is placement year. It makes the total duration of the course “2 years” wherein in tuition fees for the course is only payable for the first year.
- University of Hertfordshire
- London South Bank University
- Chester University
- University of Sunderland
- King’s College London
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Lancaster
- Middlesex University
- Kingston University
- Birmingham City University
- Brunel University
- University of Westminster
- University of Liverpool
- City University London
- Coventry University
- University of Greenwich
- University of Reading
- Surrey University
- Royal Holloway
- Heriot Watt University
- Aston University
- University of Kent
- University of Leicester
- University of Essex
STUDY IN THE UK – ADMISSIONS ASSISTANCE FOR FREE
As Universities have different requirements, we offer Personalized Service and help them with the admission process by offering the below Services known as the “Dream School Application Service”
Profile Building Assistance:
This includes guiding the student with profile building Activities (Academics or Non Academics) that will help them get admissions into better ranked Universities
University short listing:
This includes short listing on the basis of your profile which involves your Academics, Test scores, Extra Curricular activities, budget and Interest which is University Preference, Location Preference, and Course Choice.
We help you in the decision making, by doing the much tedious research for you. We weigh the pros and cons of applying to a particular school and answer your queries on all issues and at all times. The final decision is yours
Drafting and Editing of essays, Letter of Recommendation and Resume:
Incomplete application packets or incorrect application forms lead to confirmed rejections and are wastage of time, money and effort. Our Admission Editor will help you in portraying your profile in apt words suiting the requirement of universities you have decided to apply. Our Editors do complete hand holding when it comes to how to start the writing of all the required documents.
When it comes to sending application there are lot of major/minor issues you need to take care such as deadlines, preparing application components in advance. Student might have to interact with universities before sending application.Sample of different documents required such as Bank Statements, transcripts format etc. We help you with all the information required and make sure you send an effective application across.
Interview Preparation :
For few courses, few universities stick to interview for selecting a right candidate. We provide you 2-3 mock interview sessions with probable list of questions which helps you in preparing well in advance for the interview session.
We provide help in preparing your visa application file as well as provide Mock Interview session which helps you in facing Visa officer confidently.
To start your Dream School Application, register now –
Website : www.directadmissiononline.com
Prospectus : https://bit.ly/2vZiJ5z
About us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Career counselling at DA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Facebook Community : https://www.facebook.com/