- Posted by: DIRECT ADMISSION
- Category: Career Guidance, Education, Study Abroad
Singapore has carved a niche in the global education sector, combining state-of-the-art infrastructure with contemporary modern facilities and is host to a rich pool of diverse students wanting to pursue MBA.
The government of Singapore takes its Education Sector seriously which is clearly reflected in its modern infrastructure perfectly blended with a quality education. Home to some of the best universities in the world, Singapore is every student’s dream destination come true. Today students opting to study abroad look for more than top universities. Parameters have shifted from quality education to what the country as a whole has to offer to the student for the money being shelled out. Singapore as a country ranks among the favourites for students looking to study abroad as it provides, quality education, holistic growth, value for money, safety and security and above all a chance to work in the country once the student has completed his education. A diverse nation, Singapore excels in what it has to offer to its international students – historical past, vibrant culture, picturesque tourist attractions and delectable cuisine, Singapore is a potpourri of all that is enjoyable.
Singapore as a business education destination offers a wide range of MBA opportunities and sustainable career prospects. Professionals who are looking to play the role of aspiring managers are looking at pursuing MBA from Singapore because of its high-quality education, affordable courses, and the presence of a robust economy. Students looking to pursue higher education in Singapore have the benefit of being able to choose from a large pool of programmes and schools. Students can choose from hundreds of MBA courses, offered in the country by all kinds of institutions of higher education.
Students who select Singapore as their preferred destination for MBA can either opt for the classic MBA Degree which generally centers around general management or selects a more unconventional choice and opts for specialized MBA Programmes which would expand to the niche industry such as healthcare management, consulting and logistics to name a few. The very fact that students can choose from such a vast array of MBA courses, has put Singapore on the global education map.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is considered to be one of the most recognized degree programmes worldwide. It is well known for its curriculum that combines theoretical knowledge with practical experience. Candidates with an MBA degree from a recognized university is able to choose from a variety of career options. Pursuing a degree in MBA not only educates the student with managerial skills but also teaches him to interpret the latest business trends and successfully implement them in the future. Universities in Singapore, through the use of various multimedia tools, are able to challenge the students on multiple levels to refine their management skills.
|Top MBA Universities||Courses||Eligibility||Fee Structure||Total Duration|
|National University of Singapore||The NUS MBA||GMAT | GRE | IELTS | TOEFL | PTE||37.83 Lakhs||17 Months|
|Nanyang Technological University||Nanyang MBA||GMAT | GRE | IELTS | TOEFL||33.34 Lakhs||12 Months|
|SP Jain School of Global Management||Master of Global Business||GMAT | IELTS | TOEFL | PTE||29.41 Lakhs||16 Months|
|James Cook University (Singapore)||Master of Business Administration||IELTS | TOEFL||19.24 Lakhs||16 Months|
Modes of Teaching
Apart from choosing additional subjects to study, Singapore Universities also have options for learning modes offered to individuals as per their preferences/ employment status. Basically, there are four types of teaching/ learning modes:
- Regular Classroom Programmes
- Distance Education Programmes
- Fast-track Programmes
- Online Learning Programmes
Eligibility/Requirements for pursuing MBA
The basic requirements for admission that are common to all Singapore universities are:
- Candidates must have three to four years of work experience (may vary according to university
- International students and non-native English speakers need to present their TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores
- Scores of GMAT or GRE (depending on the university)
- Course Duration: The duration of MBA programme differs from university to university. Some B-schools have a course duration of two years (24 months) while others offer a 16-months MBA crash course. If you are applying for MBA diploma, then the duration will be minimum one year.
The main documents required for the admission process include:
- A valid passport
- Complete application form with passport size photos
- Loan documents
- Financial documents
- Original and authentic transcripts of schools and/or college
- Statement of Purpose/ Essays as directed by the university
- Letters of Recommendation and Resume
- Scholarship Essay, if applicable
- Other supporting documents as asked by the university
- Majorly all Singapore universities offer online application along with a complete set of documents. One can download the application form from their respective websites and follow the instructions, as provided.
- After the filling the application form, all required documentation should be ready to be submitted along with the form. You would also need to pay a small amount as the application fee.
- Keep an eye on the submission deadlines as the universities and try to submit the form as soon as possible and not wait till the last moment.
- Depending upon the university, interviews will be conducted either on call or through other electronic means of communication.
- Make sure you have received your student visa so that once you receive the admit letter, there is no delay in joining the university, else the admission can be forfeited.
Scholarships and Financial Aids
To make living even further affordable, international students will also have the opportunity to work part-time to ease their living expenses. This part-time work facility will not only help them ease their living expenses but also allow them to gain relevant work experience in their field of interest. As with most universities, international students can also benefit from the various scholarship programmes listed on the official website of universities.
Top scholarships to look out for in Singapore
The Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program
This notable scholarship is awarded in association with Financial Sumo. The sole purpose of this scholarship is to unburden the student of their college fees. This need-based scholarship is applicable to students pursuing their MBA in Singapore. Applicable to all candidates who want to pursue MBA in Singapore, this scholarship is awarded to a single deserving candidate every academic year. The maximum value of the scholarship stands at USD 1,000.
Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship
This celebrated scholarship is awarded by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India. This scholarship has been designed to provide financial assistance to selected candidates for pursuing their Masters Programme abroad from an accredited Institutions/University. Applicable to all candidates who want to pursue MBA in Singapore, a total of 100 students are awarded this scholarship for one academic year. The maximum scholarship per student is USD 33,800.
Go Clean Scholarship
This influential financial assistance is awarded to students who are dedicated and hardworking. Applicants who plan on pursuing MBA in Singapore are eligible to apply for the Go Clean Scholarship. For candidates to win this merit-based scholarship, they would be required to write an article on the topic ‘How to keep the environment green and clean’ in 500 to 750 words. Provided once in an academic year, the maximum value of this scholarship is USD 3,500.
BrokerFish International student scholarship
Awarded by Broker Fish, the main purpose of this notable scholarship is to help people from all over the world find and buy International Health Insurance. The sole purpose of this Scholarship Programme is to help International students save money during the academic year and help them on their path to a successful future. Students planning to pursue MBA in Singapore are applicable for this scholarship. The maximum scholarship per student has been set at USD 1,000.
Global Study Awards
This prestigious scholarship is awarded in association with Study Portals, ISIC and British Council. The main purpose of this scholarship is to encourage young people to study abroad, explore new countries, culture and learn new languages. The Global Study Awards scholarship is applicable to candidates wanting to pursue their MBA from Singapore. A merit-based scholarship, it is awarded to two students for each academic year. The maximum scholarship per students is GBP 10,000.