- Posted by: DIRECT ADMISSION
- Category: Blog, News/Update
KCET Counselling 2018 – KEA has started KCET 2018 counselling from June 5 in both online and offline mode. On the basis of the merit and preference of colleges and course, candidates are called for the counselling of KCET 2018 for document verification and seat allotment process. While attending the KCET counselling 2018, Candidates need to make sure that they carry original documents along with their photocopies. The KCET counselling 2018 is being held after the declaration of result. The result of KCET 2018 was announced on June 1. Through the counselling process, candidates will be allotted seats in the participating institutes. KCET was held on April 18 and 19, 2018 in offline mode. The state level entrance exam was conducted for admission to various B.Tech programmes offered by government and private institutions of Karnataka.
Important Dates of KCET 2018 Counselling
|1||KCET 2018 exam||April 18, 2018 (Mathematics)
April 19, 2018 (Physics & Chemistry)
|2||Declaration of KCET 2018 result||June 1, 2018|
|3||KCET 2018 Counselling & verification of documents starts||June 5, 2018|
|4||KCET Seat Allotment||July 2018|
KCET Document Verification Schedule for Physically Disabled, NCC (preference 1 to 7) & Sports (preference 1 to 4) Candidates
|DATE||SPECIAL CATEGORY||TYPE OF VERIFICATION||
|PHYSICALLY||MEDICAL EXAMINATION – FROM 11.00 A.M. ONWARDS||
VENUE: KARNATAKA EXAMINATIONS
18TH CROSS, SAMPIGE ROAD, MALLESHWARAM, BANGALORE – 560 012
|SPORTS DOCUMENT VERIFICATION FOR PREFERENCE 1 TO 4 CANDIDATES ONLY – FROM 11.00 A.M. ONWARDS (ONLY ‘NATIONAL PARTICIPANTS’ i.e., 5THPREFERENCE NEED NOT ATTEND THIS VERIFICATION PROCESS) NCC DOCUMENT VERIFICATION FOR PREFERENCE 1 TO 7|
|CANDIDATES ONLY – FROM 11.00 A.M. ONWARDS (ONLY ‘B’ CERTIFICATE HOLDERS i.e., 8TH PREFERENCE NEED NOT ATTEND THIS VERIFICATION PROCESS)|
KCET 2018 Document Verification Schedule
Date & Day
|Forenoon Session-1 9.15 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.
Reporting Time: 8.30 a.m.
|Forenoon Session-2 11.15 a.m. – 1.15 p.m.
Reporting Time: 10.15 a.m.
2.00 pm – 4.00 pm
Reporting Time: 1.00 p.m.
4.15 pm – 6.15 pm
Reporting Time: 3.15 p.m.
KCET 2018 Counselling Procedure
The counselling of KCET 2018 is being conducted in both online and offline mode by Karnataka Examinations Authority. During the counselling session, KCET 2018 qualified candidates will have to complete their document verification, followed by the registration, option entry and seat allotment process to get admission into the participating institutes. For KCET 2018 counselling, candidates will be called according to their merit and preference of course and college choose by them.
Mentioned below is the procedure of KCET counselling 2018. Candidates who are willing to appear for the exam can go through it to get a better understanding of KCET 2018 counselling.
Documents to be submitted during KCET 2018 Counselling Round
During the counselling of KCET 2018, candidates have to carry original documents along with one their photocopies for the verification. Mentioned below are the documents that every qualified candidate has to carry along with him while KCET counselling 2018.
- KCET Application Form 2018
- KCET Admit Card 2018
- 2 passport size photographs of yours
- Study Certificate Counter signed by the Concerned BEO/DDPI
1. Document Verification and Registration
- For document verification and registration, the qualified candidate had to report to the counselling centre as per the schedule given to him.
- A link will be updated here for the candidates to check the list of Nodal Centres and addresses
- The candidate must bring along all necessary documents in original
- After the verification of documents, a verification slip will be issued to the candidate, after which he/she can participate in option entry round.
- The candidates who will complete the verification process will be given a unique user ID and Password.
Documents to be produced for verification:
- Print out of complted CET-2018 Online Application Form.
- Original Copy of the Chalan as proof of fee payment.
- KCET 2018 Admission/Hall Ticket
- SSLC / 10th Standard Marks Card
- 2nd PUC / 12th Standard Marks Card
- Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO / DDPI
- Two recent passport size photographs
In addition, candidates may have to produce any other document as may be applicable.
2. Choice Filling and Locking
After document verification, next step is to fill and lock the choice of colleges and courses. In case of online counselling, the candidate will have to log in by entering CET number. The admission authority will upload the category wise, course wise and college wise seat matrix and link of the same will be shared the candidates.
Key points of filling and locking the choice in KCET Counselling 2018
- Select the preferred colleges and courses as per the eligibility in the order of the preference. (No limit is there to enter the number of options)
- What candidates need to keep in mind is that the options entered by them for the first round will remain constant for all the remaining rounds of seat allotment.
- After final submission, candidates will not be allowed to edit or change their options.
- The priority of options entered by the candidate will be shown on the option entry module. Candidate can review the same by login through their credentials.
- In case, a new college or courses is added to the seat matrix, candidates will be allowed to add new options after the first round.
3. KCET 2018 Seat Allotment
This the last step in the counselling process where candidates are allotted seats according to their ranking in the merit list and selection of college and courses during counselling. Depending on the candidates, seat allotment of KCET 2018 will be conducted in two or more rounds. Candidates will have to download their admission/seat allotment letter by logging through their credentials. Qualified candidates will have to visit the allotted institute for reporting with necessary documents along with the print out of the admission/seat allotment letter. Candidates must know that their admission will only be confirmed after the payment of fees is done.
KCET 2018 Participating Institutes
The KCET participating institutes 2018 are the colleges in Karnataka that provide admission in B.Tech courses. During the counselling of KCET 2018 candidates will be asked to select the participating institute according to their preference. Mentioned below is the list of KCET 2018 participating institutes for the candidate’s reference.
Participating Institutes of KCET 2018
|S.No.||Participating Institutes of KCET|
|1.||Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur|
|2.||BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli|
|3.||National Institute of Engineering, Mysore|
|4.||RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|5.||B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore|
|6.||MS Ramiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore|
|7.||Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore|
|8.||Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|9.||P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore|
|10.||JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore|
Presented By –
Contact : 1800-3000-2688
Mail to us at email@example.com