- Posted by: DIRECT ADMISSION
- Category: Blog
NEET 2018 Application Form can be submitted till 12th March 2018 (Extended). It is the national level examination for admission to MBBS & BDS courses. CBSE is the conducting authority which organizes the NEET examination every year in various cities across the country. NEET exam is the only gateway for admissions into medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges of the country. All medical institutions consider NEET score for providing admission in MBBS/BDS courses. Through this article, students can get details about NEET 2018 exam including application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
NEET 2018 Notification – Application Last Date Extended
As per the order of Hon. Supreme Court, Aadhaar Card is not mandatory to fill the NEET 2018 (and other national) application form. Now, NEET 2018 application form can be submitted till 12th March 2018(Extended).
NEET 2018 Application Correction (one time correction facility) will be started from 15th March 2018.
As per Clause of Graduate Medical Education Regulation (1997), candidates who have got equivalent qualification are eligible for admission to MBBS course. The clause is “Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking PCB subjects including practical test in each of the subjects and English.”
NEET 2018 Notice for Open School candidates regarding form submission has been released now.
Delhi HC stays CBSE notification on NEET 2018 upper age limit and NIOS/Private candidates ineligibility clause.
Now the candidates those age is above 25 years (30 years for Reserved Quota) or those are Private/NIOS candidates or those are having biology as an additional subject, can fill the NEET 2018 application form before the last date (12th March).
Appearance in NEET examination for such candidates will be decided by the High Court after next hearing (on 6th April).
NEET 2018 Notice regarding mismatch in aadhaar card and class X & XII certificates has been released.
Candidates aspiring for seats in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) courses, shall have to appear for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET)-2018.
NEET 2018 Additional FAQs based on calls, emails and grievances received have been released.
As per the official site, the Syllabus of NEET(UG), 2018 is exactly same as it was for NEET(UG) last year. There is no change in the syllabus for NEET(UG), 2018.
NEET 2018 Notice regarding Eligibility Criteria for Open Schools/Private candidates has been released.
NEET 2018 New Changes Introduced
Now adhaar card is not mandatory to fill the NEET application form.
Candidates can fill application by mentioning alternative Identification Number such as Ration Card, Passport, Bank Account No. or other valid Government ID (such as Driving License, Voter ID etc.).
Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have joined 15% All India Quota scheme. Candidates of these states need not to submit Self Declaration form now. Candidates from J&K state only, have to submit self declaration form for seats under 15% All India Quota.
Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS/BDS from a foreign Medical Institute, they have qualify NEET (UG) examination.
The attempt limit has been removed from 2018. Now, candidates may attempt the NEET exam maximum times.
NIOS or State Open School or private candidate are not eligible for NEET 2018 exam (Final decision Pending).
There will be one set for question paper in all languages.
As per officials the exam will be bilingual (except language chosen in English).
NEET 2018 Exam Dates
|Application form release||8th February 2018 (Released)|
|Last date for filling the application||12th March 2018 (5:30 PM) (Extended)|
|Last date to submit the application fee||13th March 2018 (11:50 PM) (Extended)|
|Correction Window Open||15th to 17th March 2018 (Revised)|
|Release of admit card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Exam date||6th May 2018 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|Result announcement||5th June 2018|
|1st Round Counselling starts||12th June to 24th June 2018|
|Schedule For Admission||Central Counselling||State Counselling|
|All India Quota||Deemed + CI|
|Conduct of Exam||By 6th May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||By 1st Week of June|
|1st round of Counselling||12th June – 24th June||12th June – 24th June||25th June – 5th July|
|Last date of Joining||3rd July||3rd July||12th July|
|2nd round of Counselling||6th July – 12th July||6th July – 12th July||15th July – 26th July|
|Last date of Joining||22nd July||22nd July||3rd August|
|Mop-up round||–||12th August – 22nd August||4th August – 8th August|
|Last date of Joining||–||26th August||12th August|
|Forwarding of list of students in order of merit, equaling to ten times the number of vacant seats to the medical colleges by the counselling authority.||–||27th August||13th August|
|Last date of Joining||–||31st August||18th August|
NEET Application Form 2018
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- Students can avail the NEET 2018 Application Form via online mode only.
- No offline application is issued by the authority.
- Candidates can fill the application from 8th February to 12th March 2018 (Extended).
- Aadhaar Card is not compulsory to fill the application form.
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment by using online mode.
- After the fee payment, take the three printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
- The correction period will be opened from 15th March to 17th March 2018 (Revised).
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1400/- (for UR & OBC) and Rs. 750/- (for SC/ST & PH).
- The fee payment can be made via online mode (debit/credit card or Net Banking/UPI or E-wallet).
- Candidates can submit online fees upto 13th March 2018 till 11.50 PM.
Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen. OCIs/NRIs/PIOs/FNs candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Now adhaar card is not mandatory to fill the NEET application form.
- Candidates must born on or between 07.05.1993 and 01.01.2002 for General category.
- Candidates must born on or between 07.05.1988 and 01.01.2002 for SC/ST/OBC/PwD category.
Note: Final decision is Pending in court for the upper age limit.
- Examination: Candidates should have qualified 12th or equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Subjects Should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- 10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
- Marks Required: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 11 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Oriya, Urdu Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
The syllabus is based on a common syllabus prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. Download the NEET 2018 syllabus here.
It has been prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE. The syllabus is based on the 11th & 12th class standard.
Note: As per the official site, the Syllabus of NEET(UG), 2018 is exactly same as it was for NEET(UG), 2017. There is no change in the syllabus for NEET(UG), 2018.
NEET Preparation Tips
- Firstly, gather all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Make a proper time-table for your preparations.
- Consider the good preparation books and study materials.
- Practice mock test & previous year question papers.
- Stay stress free & healthy while preparing for exams.
- Don’t try to include new topics at the end of preparations.
NEET Admit Card 2018
Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the NEET Admit Card. The admit card will be released in the second week of April 2018. The authority shall not provide the admit card by post.
The NEET hall ticket will contain details like Candidate Name, Father Name, Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Exam Date & Timing, Exam centre, etc. Candidates are advised to preserve the admit card till the admission process gets over.
NEET Answer Key
The answer key will be released within a week of examination. NEET Answer Key will be published via online mode through the website. Candidates may have an opportunity for online challenge against the answer key.
Candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer challenged. The payment will be refunded in case of challenge is accepted by the Board.
The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website. It will be declared on 5th June 2018. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website. Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.
A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
Cut-off is the minimum marks candidates are needed to qualify the examination. It will be based on number of students appeared in the exam, difficulty level and availability of seats.
It will be released in the month of June 2018. The minimum qualifying marks should be 50% for general, 45% for general-PH and 40% marks for reserved categories.
NEET Counselling 2018
Students will be able to participate in the counselling process according to their rank. Counselling for 15% All India Quota will be organized by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode.
Counselling for other than 15% All India Quota will be managed by the respective authorities. The first round will be organized from 12th to 24th June 2018.
During the counselling process, candidates have to pay the counselling fee and choose their preference for colleges. Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of filled choices, rank and availability of seats in colleges.
After seat allotment, candidates will be needed to appear at the allotted college to complete admission formalities.
If you have any other queries about NEET 2018, you may leave your queries in the comment section below.