Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is national-level management aptitude test. It is conducted by Xavier School of Management, Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) – Jamshedpur.
XLRI conducts the exam on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT scores are used by more than 800 institutes for admission to MBA, PGDM and other management courses.
XLRI Jamshedpur offers the following management programmes:
- Business Management (BM)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Global Business Management(GBM)
- General Management Programme (GMP)
XAT 2018 exam date has been announced. It will be held on January 7, 2018 between 10 am and 1:35 pm. From this year, the exam will be conducted in online mode.
In 2016, XAT authorities announced a few changes in the test pattern:
- In the main question paper (Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation sections), the total number of questions were brought down to 78.
- Candidates were given 170 minutes to answer the main question paper, 20 mins extra from previous time limit of 150 mins.
- In order to encourage students to attempt more questions with accuracy, XAT 2017 question paper was created in such a manner that that the top hundred students could complete the test within 170 minutes. The idea behind this is to reduce the low range of scores and encourage good students to do well.
- Aspirants were given a choice of not attempting any 13 questions. Beyond this, any non-attempted question carried a negative mark of 0.05 marks per question.
- There was negative marking of 0.25 marks for any wrong answer.
- Number of questions in GK section were reduced to 25. However, the time to answer GK and Essay section remained 35 minutes.
- There was no negative marking in GK section.
Eligibility criteria for XAT 2018:
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline.
- Final year students can also (completing final examination by June 2018) can also apply.
Eligibility for XLRI programmes like Human Resource Management (HRM), Business Management (BM) is similar. Candidates with three years of work experience will be given preference in Global Business Management.
NRI and Foreign candidates may apply through GMAT scores.
XAT 2018 exam analysis by Shiksha experts will be available on the day of the exam, after it has been conducted. The exam analysis will help the test takers analyse their performance. The analysis is also useful for XAT aspirants as it will give them an idea about the difficulty level of the question paper.